My shining star

My shining star

Monday 17 December 2012

Mum and dads card

Good morning lovelies - hope you had a good weekend? Mine was just fabulous - we picked up my MIL who is just such good company and brought her home for Christmas - and then yesterday we all did the long walk up the hill in Clapham, North Yorkshire to go and see santa in Ingleborough cave - a fabulous walk and a really magical visit - just lovely!

Today I've got the card I gave to my mum and dad for Christmas to show you - it features two stunning images from Mo Manning - I just adore them:




 It also includes that chocolate baroque snowflake stamp free with craft stamper that I just can't seem to get enough of! I used it to create the snowy background by using versa mark and snow white embossing powder and heat setting then covering with pan pastels. The images are both coloured with promarkers - I've used spellbinders snowflake diecuts and also a heart circle. In the middle is a verse to mum and dad but the light has meant it doesn't show - because of the flash! The blue roses were from Nat's candy - thanks again Nat - I've touched them up with glitter to add to the frosty effect.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Creative Inspirationscinspirations: Contemporary Christmas
thesisterhoodofcrafters: Handstamped backgrounds
Mo's Digitalmosdigitalchallenge: D is for diecuts
CHNCcraftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: Anything goes Christmas
Totally Gorjusstotallygorjuss: For someone special
thesquirrelandthefox: Christmas
Pan Pastelpanpasteluk: Christmas time
Visible imagevisibleimage: Christmas
cardmaniachallenges-snowflakes

I've got some last minute quick cards to show you tomorrow - hope to see you then and thanks for visiting today!

Hugs

Rachel xx

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous ,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous Christmas card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Rachel. I love those sweet images, the colours and details are gorgeous.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I hope you have a good week too.
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning sweetie this is just so gorgeous, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Rachel, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card for your Mum and Dad, Rachel. Those images are gorgeous, just like your gorgeous little girls. Tis wonderful! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and such a perfect color! Love the sweet images and the pretty background you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rachel the images are adorable and the design is so beautiful. Your Mum and Dad will love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful easel card and I'm sure your mom and dad loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had a great weekend-love your easel card and beautiful images, your Mum and dad will love it
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful combination of Mo's cutest winter fairies! Love the sentiment in the centre, too.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week!
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning sweetie, these are some of my favorite stamps at moment and I love the colours and the beautiful snowflake. Thank you so much for my gorgeous christmas card as well sweetie, it's so pretty, I have been meaning to hop over and say thanks since Saturday so sorry I didn't get here sooner to say it. hope you have a lovely christmas hun (I hope your card has arrived with you safely too)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great Christmas creation! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card, really love these images, the colour from the PP's is lush, bet they loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Rachel, you have created another lovely background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card - I'm sure your parents were thrilled to receive it - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is totally adorable Rachel!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘HAND STAMPED BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon! Merry Christmas!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Rachel, really beautiful with those icy blues! Thanks so much for joining our Christmas challenge at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! I'm loving all this sparkle and shimmer :) Beautiful job. Thanks so much for playing along with our Hand Stamped Background at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx